mediven Dual Layer 40-50 mmHg Calf High Compression Stocking Kit
If you or someone you know has been prescribed 40-50 mmHg compression stockings, to treat venous stasis ulcers or severe venous insufficiency, the mediven Dual Layer Stocking System will make life easier. Featuring two pairs of compression stockings, when worn together, provide accurate graduated 40-50 mmHg compression.
The white closed toe liner provides mild compression of 10-12 mmHg. Made from 80% polyamide and 20% elastane, it has antimicrobial properties to reduce bacteria and odor. The liner can be worn around-the-clock (if required). It can also be worn over a primary wound dressing. The mild compression and extremely soft fabric make it very easy to put on.
The beige open toe outer stocking provides a firm compression of 30-40 mmHg, and is made from 76% polyamide and 24% elastane. The easy-on foot slippie is included in every package to make it even easier to apply the outer open toe stocking, over the white liner.
- 1 Pair of 10-12 mmHg compression liners
- 1 Pair of 30-40 mmHg open toe compression socks
- 1 Easy-on foot slippie to assist in applying the open toe 30-40 mmHg stockings
** Extra liners and outer stockings can be purchased separately
- Circular-knit compression stocking system used for compression of the lower extremities, primarily in the treatment of disorders of the venous system.
- Therapy for venous ulcers (CEAP classification C6)
- Therapy for mixed ulcers (due to arterial and venous issues), taking the contraindications into account
- Prevention of recurrence of venous ulcer (CEAP classification C5)
- Advanced peripheral arterial occlusive disease (if one of these parameters is present: ABPI < 0.5, ankle arterial pressure < 60 mmHg, toe pressure < 30 mmHg or TcPO2 < 20 mmHg on dorsum of foot)
- Decompensated heart failure (NYHA III + IV)
- Septic phlebitis
- Phlegmasia cerulea dolens
- Particular attention to
- Severe weeping dermatosis
- Intolerance to compressive material
- Severe paraesthesia in the limbs
- Advanced peripheral neuropathy (e.g. as seen in diabetes mellitus)
- Primary chronic polyarthritis
Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large